Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I'm Back...Again

It seems my blog is turning into a blog about restarting my blog.  Let's see if we can keep this one churning out content for a longer streak this time.  Who knows, maybe we'll keep it up indefinitely!

Last time seemed to go a little better than the previous attempts, so I've decided to keep a couple of those posts on the page.  The posts that survived the purge (if deleting two posts can be qualified as a purge) did so because they still fall into framework of what I want this blog to be.  I enjoy writing, and I enjoy sharing my passion with others.  So if I get to meet more cool writers, I'll share that experience.  If I read any books that really taught me something, I'll share my thoughts on those.

I probably won't be sharing any short stories or flash fiction samples this time around, but that is mostly because I'm currently working on one big project that is going to take me a while to do and I want to focus on that rather than stop any momentum I gain by shifting focus back and forth between short stories and the novel.  I will share updates on how the project is going and talk about what I feel is going well and what I feel is particularly weak.

Along with the cool miscellaneous writing/reading adventures I'll post about, the major focus will be sharing the process I go through as I attempt to write my first novella.  

I'll do another post later with some more details on the big project and how I'm going to be bringing you along with me on the journey.  I'm still fine tuning some of the logistics of it and doing some pre-writing, but I'm really excited for it.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the experience, and sharing my journey with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment